Social Media Guidelines:
- Sterling Montessori PFA promotes healthy and honest discourse with its readers and posters on Facebook and other forms of social media.
- SMPFA reserves the right to edit or amend any misleading or inaccurate content in posts. SMPFA also reserves the right to delete posts or threads, or remove or ban participants, for any reason, including our belief that they violate the code of conduct.
- SMPFA values, respects, and upholds the intellectual property rights of its participants in social media outlets.
- SMPFA reserves the right to amend these guidelines and the code of conduct.
Code of Conduct:
- All posts to social media accounts associated with SMPFA are public and should be considered as such. (The Facebook group will remain a closed group.)
- Except for announcements from the SMPFA board or a committee or on behalf of the school, all views being expressed are personal, but are subject to SMPFA editing.
- Always act in a professional and constructive manner, and use sound judgment before posting.
- Always be polite and respectful of individuals and their opinions.
- Malicious, misleading, or unfair content is prohibited. Do not post content that is hostile, profane, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, threatening or discriminatory to an individual, family, or organization.
- Be aware of confidentiality. Only reference information that is publicly available.
- Respect other people’s privacy. Unless you have their permission, do not post phone numbers or email addresses of other parents, students or faculty.